I had a bad experience at the gym today with a RUDE lady that works there.
I have a letter all typed up and ready to send. The letter explains it all.
SHOULD I SEND IT?? Or should I let it go? I typed it up right when I got home and my blood was boiling. But now I am calming down and feel like I should just let it go.
Read the letter and tell me what to do!!! :)
Dear Paul,
First of all, I would like to begin this letter by stating that I am not a complainer! I have only had good things to say about your gym, and the only time I have ever spoken to you was to compliment you on the kids club.
With that said, I did not have a good experience at your gym today. I have debated whether or not to bring this to your attention, but I feel like I should.
It was 80 plus degrees outside today. When I walked in the gym, it was nice and cool. However, when I walked in the kids club it was like walking into A SAUNA. The poor girls that worked there looked miserable and it was stifling. I dropped my kids off anyway and went and worked out. After my work out, I went and picked my kids back up and it was even more miserable. It was almost like the heat was on instead of the air conditioner.
As I was walking out of the gym, I decided to stop by the customer service desk and let them know. I know the girls working in the kids club are busy, and I wasn’t sure if they had time to alert anyone to the problem. Furthermore, I wanted the customer service people at the desk to know that a PARENT was not happy with the heat in the room- it was not a comfortable atmosphere for kids to be in.
I was VERY nice, and approached Stacey who was working at the front desk. All I said was: “Hi, I’m not sure if you know, but I just wanted to let you know that it is REALLY hot in the kids club and it feels like a sauna in there- I don’t think their air is working.” She gave me the most condescending look, rolled her eyes, and said, “Umm- if they have a problem, then THEY can let maintenance know.” Then she turned her back to me and continued checking in other guests.
Typically, I would have let it go. But as I sat there, I got angry. I pay a lot of money for my membership, my husband’s membership, and the membership for my kids to go to the kids club. I had every right to tell customer service that the kids club was entirely too hot. Whether or not the girls working the kids club had a chance to tell maintenance or not, I wanted someone at customer service to know that a PARENT had a problem with it too.
Whether she thought my complaint was valid or not, she could have simply stated “OK. We’ll let someone know.” Instead, she was completely rude and condescending.
Instead of walking away, I decided I was not going to be talked to like that, when I was the customer. I waited for her to finish with the next member, then reapproached her. I probably was a bit more frosty in my tone because I was in shock with how I had been treated. I said “All I wanted was for you to hear me and validate my concern. As a parent, I have a problem with my kids being in a sauna, and I didn’t know if the girls working at the kids club had time to let anyone know.”
Once again, she cut me off and said (in an unbelievably sarcastic tone) “I DID hear you and I am VERRYYY busy right now.” Once again, she rolled her eyes, turned her back, and continued helping other people.
I literally had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I think I am completely validated in feeling like I should be able to voice a concern to customer service about a problem in ANY area of the gym.
I do not want to cause a big stink about this, but I felt it was important enough to bring it to your attention. The temperature in the kids club is the LAST thing on my mind at this point: my main concern is the manner in which I was treated. I love your facility and I love the kids club. But after the way I was treated today, I do not want to step foot back in your gym. I am so unbelievably shocked at how a simple thing was blown out of proportion.
If Stacey cannot handle a busy day at the gym without being rude to members, maybe customer service isn’t the best place for her to be working in.
Thank you for your time,
Morgan Crabtree
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You send that letter! How rude... Stacey needs to know how she is treating people!
I say send it too!! I would also add that you are paying her salary so for her to tell you she's "busy" is ridiculous. SOrry you had to deal with that chump!
Stacey needs to be let go!! You send it Morgan and send it now! Great letter by the way! I will go down there myself and give "stacey" a piece of my mind for talking down to MY Mic!!!
I agree, send the letter! I also agree with HDJ, you are paying for this chic's salary and she should bend over backwards to assist you in anything you might need. I am a big believer in letting people know when they do a great job and also know when I am displeased as a customer. If I was the owner of a business, I would want to know what other people are saying about my company. The biggest thing that gets people into new stores, companies, gyms is word of mouth. What would it hurt if you did send it? Stacy continues to be rude? Plus, it is unacceptable to have a HOT kids care. The end. :)
SEND IT!
send if for sure!!!
Not to be redundant, but send it. You are paying for the services. If it was bad food at a restaurant it would be dealt with. This should be too.
I would send the letter. She gets paid to do things like that, and she is making the gym as a whole look bad
Post a Comment