Monday, April 05, 2010

Sugar High

We have eaten WAY too much sugar at our house. We celebrated Brent's birthday on Saturday, followed by Easter on Sunday. It is so bad that Sophie woke up yesterday and in her deep raspy voice, looked at me and said, "Want M's"... it was not a question, but a demand. I looked at her in disbelief and said "Sophie! No ma'am. We don't eat M&M's for breakfast." We've created a monster over the weekened.

Brent turned 3 this weekend and we had a fun little celebration with family on Saturday. He acted like a little punk and every time someone told him happy birthday, he responded by yelling "NO!!!!!" I was so embarrassed! But what can ya do?!

Sunday I woke up and was greeted to an email saying telling me I was accepted to the University of California at Riverside. This was a big deal because California has cut back admission and class enrollment because of the budget mess. I talked to so many people who weren't getting accepted, so I was a bit nervous. I'm very excited! The only catch? Classes start 3 1/2 weeks after my due date with baby #3. When I applied in November, I was not aware of the fact that I was pregnant. Now Scott and I are struggling with the decision of whether I should go or not. I hate to put it off ANOTHER year, but in the grand scheme of things, what is one more year?! School will always be there, but I will only have this newborn baby once. So, we'll see what happens. I may ask admissions if I can defer my admission until the spring semester.

Enough rambling, let's get to the pictures! Here is a recap of our weekend- bouncers, cake, easter egg hunts, and a wonderful session of General Conference on Saturday and Sunday (thank goodness for DVR!). During the Easter egg hunt, Scott locked Brent inside and went outside and hid eggs. Brent stood at the sliding glass door and cried because he wanted out. Then, go figure, by the time we let him outside, he was so mad and stood there and cried while his sister and cousins gathered eggs all around him. A few minutes later he was in the bouncer loving life. This kid might drive me to drink!!!!

He kinda looks ashamed here, doesn't he? He knew he was a MESS, and that we were laughing at him!! Poor kid!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sophie trying out Brent's new scooter with Dad's help

Photobucket

Notice how clean Sophie's face is? She didn't let a piece of cake hit the ground- she made sure every CRUMB made it in her mouth! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now I'm headed to go make myself a boiled egg and then to the GYM... I'm pretty sure my midwife will have something to say at my next appointment when she sees that I gained 10 pounds, and did it all in one month. Dang you, EASTER candy!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Cute Easter baskets! And don't tell Sophie that her Aunt Katie had Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for breakfast...

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Cute pics? When did Scott shave his goatee? Happy Birthday, Brent!

Josie said...

I showed Jonah these pictures of Sophie and he just giggled. She's such a little Morgan. We love her! And Brent too! Happy Birthday, Brent!

Heather said...

I love sugar!! Morgan-your kids are so so cute! I can't wait to see the next one! Congrats on UCR!!! You're my idol!