Friday, September 16, 2011

My Happy Place

After looking at SOOOOOO many houses, the real estate agent said, "I have ONE more to show you guys." I reluctantly walked into this last house and fell in love. But then, we walked in the backyard, and I said, "I NEED THIS HOUSE!!!"

Our backyard is Scott's baby. He spends his Saturdays in the yard, "tinkering". Slowly but surely, I've been sucked into the backyard on Saturdays, too. And surprisingly, I've fallen in love with it too. We just planted some grapes, an orange tree, and some other bush that I have no idea what it is. Last week, we took out all of the landscaping rock in the front yard and replaced it with mulch. Tomorrow we will pick out some plants and bushes to landscape the empty mulch-filled front and try and take out the rock that is still left on the right side of our front yard. The work never ends!! But it is so rewarding. It makes me feel like an adult (sad, huh?!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyone wanna come shovel rocks from around the palm trees on the right side?

Photobucket

My hard worker husband!

Photobucket

We almost got rid of this tree! I thought it was dead, and then all of a sudden, it started blooming the gorgeous pink flowers! Scott's Grandma told us it is a Crepe Myrtle. Also, notice underneath it, I started digging out the plants to put in some flowers. I called my neighbor over and showed her what I was digging up. They looked like potatoes- I was shouting, "Look at this!!! It's like a yam underneath my plant!" She laughed and said, "Morgan, that's a bulb." I felt dumb as dirt. Then, halfway through my digging, Scott's Aunt came over and informed me they were NOT dead and that they would have bloomed later. Oops. I've got a lot to learn!

Photobucket

We took the rock from the front and put it in the side yard around our baby orange tree. I can't wait for that sucker to grow!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jill said...

It sounds like you guys are making a lot of progress...that is great you planted fruit trees, too :) Very impressive!

Em said...

Morgan, Morgan. Crepe Myrtle's are like the number one most common planted tree in the state of Texas. Have I taught you nothing?